Located in the heart of North Carolina, Durham is home to Research Triangle Park, Duke University and is the global center for information technology, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medicine. This ever-evolving city bears a flourishing, chef-driven food scene, strong arts and music culture, rich historical presence, abundant parks & waterways and entertainment for all ages and interests. With so much to offer, it’s no surprise why Durham has nationally ranked high up on the lists of the best places to live, work and raise a family!
Thanks to on-going urban redevelopment, an ever-expanding downtown area and continuous suburban development, there’s been quite an influx of business and residents in Durham in recent years, and it doesn’t appear to be slowing down any time soon!
REAL ESTATE IN DURHAM:
Downtown Durham real estate consists of single family homes, townhomes and high rise condos, where residents can enjoy the best of urban living among many attractions within walking distance. Historical homes displaying well-preserved architectural history throughout the city are another option for buyers. For those who prefer to live in a more spacious and quiet setting, established suburban style neighborhoods are a popular choice. Looking for new construction? No problem! There are still plenty of newly-constructed neighborhoods and infill homes popping up all over Durham.
THINGS TO DO IN DURHAM:
With all of the growth that Durham has going on, there are so many attractions, destinations and venues to visit. Some of the highlights include:
- Explore Downtown Durham124 and enjoy top notch entertainment and world class dining options galore!
- Submerge yourself in the arts and attend the best in theatre arts and music at the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC).
- Tour Duke University’s beautiful campus, and enjoy historical architecture, including the neo-Gothic Duke Chapel. While you’re there, be sure to check out the Sarah P. Duke Gardens, Nasher Museum of Art and the Duke Lemur Center.
- Spend the day (or many!) at the Eno River State Park. Explore mature forestry, river mills and historic homes along the trails, fishing, camping, canoeing and kayaking
- Visit the Museum of Life + Science, a popular attraction for families, and enjoy hands-on science exhibits, a butterfly house and wildlife habitats for bears and lemurs.
- Batter Up!! Catch a Durham Bulls (AAA minor-league baseball) game Downtown Durham.
- Atlantic Coast Conference athletic events are right at your fingertips with Duke, NC State and UNC all within 30 minutes. Venture to neighboring Raleigh and get your ice hockey fix with the NHL Carolina Hurricanes!
- Enjoy a quick and easy getaway at the beach or in the mountains (only 2+ hours away)!
Durham offers a variety of education opportunities through public, charter and private schools. Depending on location, the public schools in Durham may be part of the Durham Public Schools or the Orange County Schools District. Check out the school websites for more information.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.